Thursday, January 24, 2013

Birthday Posters

So, today was someone's birthday, and this reminded me to create this rant post.

A few months ago, one of my best friends had a birthday. So, some of my other best friends (I have a lot of really good friends) made a birthday poster for her. Of course it was cool and I signed it, and we were all happy, but 8 days later, it was my birthday. And they didn't. make. me. a. poster.

You can say I'm annoying or mean, or anything you want, but I am going to throw this out here: If they are my best friends, and they made a poster for this other best friend, shouldn't I get a poster as well?
I mean, I didn't say it at the time, but I was genuinely hurt. Is she a better friend than I am? Or do they just like her better? Or do they just hate me?

I really don't know, and I'm still not going to say anything about that. They'll probably think I'm overblowing the whole thing out of proportion, but I really think that I'm probably not as important, in their eyes. I'm not as important, so either they didn't bother to remember about my birthday, or they didn't care.

I guess they just didn't think about my feelings.

I will repeat this: I was, and am genuinely hurt.

This is why birthday posters are a bad idea.


Elly

Cammie- I think you can guess which friends I am talking about. Her Bday is Sept 1, mine is Sept 9th.

No comments:

Post a Comment